2013년 11월 21일 목요일

STUDENT RIGHTS: Tinker Returns To Iowa


After the Vietnam War, two students were suspended from school, because they wore black armbands to school to mourn deaths during the war. The two students brought this case to the Supreme Court in order to claim their rights of freedom of speech.

This case brought the students' right of freedom of speech.

Below is the interview of Mary Beth Tinker.

          “I remember it so well. I remember the office at the end of the hall. I remember my math class, Mr. Moberly’s class, which was my favorite class which is where I got sent to the office from there and I was so scared that day and I saw Mr. Morberly with a pink slip,” Mary Beth remembered. “But the school looks great. It looks really nice.”
Mary Beth hopes to spread her message of free speech across the US through her Tinker Tour.

Students have the rights to speak whatever they want. It is just their reputation lost when they speak things they should not. I think the Tinkers, the students who were suspended, did a good job of bringing students' rights and freedom.

Posted on: 6:16 pm, November 19, 2013, by 
http://whotv.com/2013/11/19/student-rights-tinker-returns-to-iowa/

댓글 4개:

  1. You are right! Students have rights to speak whatever they want. This is a absurd situation.

    답글삭제
  2. I do agree with opinion. I think it is really important to provide fair and good quality education to students.

    Chris Choi

    답글삭제
  3. I agree with the article. The students must have rights to speak what they want to even though there are limitations of what they could speak and what they could not speak. However, in looking at the bigger image, I think students must have equal rights to speak.

    답글삭제
  4. I really like you connection between freedom of speech and our U.S. government class.

    답글삭제